“I feel that it is magical in Ledbury during the Festival. The whole town seems to be involved in all kinds of ways, from performing words and music, to making up marvellous, appreciative and informed audiences. For a while we all breathe poetry and music – it’s a bit like walking around for a few days in a paradise garden.” John Burnside
Ledbury Poetry Festival is very much part of the community, and couldn’t do the Festival without a wonderful group of volunteers who make Ledbury a “paradise garden”. The volunteers are incredibly generous and hospitable. All roles have an ambassador element: you are representing the Festival. Volunteers are invited to do as much or as little as they feel able. All volunteers must comply with the Festival’s Mission, Vision and Values
If you would like to Volunteer at Ledbury Poetry Festival – and wish to find out more about opportunities to work as a Festival Steward, in Hospitality or might wish to offer a poet accommodation please email Hannah at email@example.com
- complete immersion in the 10 day festival with any number of roles and responsibilities
- the INTERN PACK contains all details.
- “I really enjoyed my time working as an intern for Ledbury Poetry Festival. Although it is an intense 10 days, it is massively rewarding- both in terms of developing new skills and also just having a good time! Event managing was something I would have never considered doing previously but I ended up enjoying it & also becoming more confident in public speaking. Getting to interact with the poets & performers is always fun- it is really rewarding to work with people who care intensely about what they do. Another highlight is being able to go to events that you might’ve not otherwise gone to- the Festival always has a really diverse & interesting programme and there’s always something that will surprise you. I would definitely recommend an internship at the Festival! ” FH, 2018 intern
- “I can’t remember the last time when I felt so tired but neither can I remember the last time I was so inspired and part of such a great team!” HG – 2019 intern
- If you would like to work as an Intern at the Festival please email Hannah at firstname.lastname@example.org